Sunday, April 06, 2008

The Sea She's Rough




I sail on the waters of Eagle Ocean which is in the Indianapolis area. These waters are bound by many restrictions, no jet skies, no motors over 10 horse power and here lies the danger NO SWIMMING!
So if one is law abiding and falls off his boat, he I assume by the law is obligated to drown. I have fallen off on a number of occasions and have brazenly embraced my scoff law nature and splashed about and then eventually dog paddled back to my vessel. However I fear many a law-abiding sailor may be forced to visit Davey Jones Locker some 20 ft. below! Do not think for a minute we in land locked Indiana do not sail in the shadow of imminent peril every time we misstep on our boats. From the Chart room of the Western Flyer
Josh Williams
Indianapolis Indiana

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 1:51 AM , Blogger Simon said...

A cruel ruling indeed, JW. You are right to disregard the law at those times.

Free olfactory testing, eh?
Thanks for the tip-off.

 
At 4:13 AM , Blogger Mone said...

If there are witnesses, lets say for the spring series races, will one be judged on how gently one drowns?

PS: I guess that sentence is not correct in that way, but somehow my tonge is just agitating in my mouth,haha. =)

 
At 10:47 AM , Blogger Zen Wizard said...

The no-swimming law is probably to boost traffic on the Indiana Turnpike.

 
At 2:21 PM , Blogger Cléa said...

I'm feeling sea sick just looking at the photo. After reading the text, I'm gripping my desk for support.

 
At 1:45 PM , Blogger josh williams said...

simon: Sometimes one has to take the law into their own hands.

mone: One must drown with grace. Its a big competition I try to distance myself from...

zen:Ah! It all makes sense now.

clea: May the lawd be wid us all.

 
At 10:40 AM , Blogger The Fool said...

Does dog-paddling count as swimming?

 
At 10:54 AM , Blogger josh williams said...

The Fool: I think this will be decided in the courts, soon I fear.

 
At 5:54 AM , Blogger Toby said...

I call it sea legs.

 
At 3:36 PM , Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

I bid you sweet sailing, sir.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home