Saturday, October 06, 2007

Updating, tired of looking at the same

Around 1987 I took this photo, I used a tripod, film and waited till dusk, I walked along the pier and used the flash based upon my calculations would best illustrate the pier and stuff. The shutter was open for several minutes while I walked the pier and flashed. It took numerous attempts and this one proved fruitful. I finally scored an album cover, just when albums became CDs so I scored a CD cover. I have a number of similar shots, some with myself in them. I had one which I bloated my belly the best I could and then flashed it, it came out OK but not that funny, it illuminated to much of myself, I was shooting for a floating belly in space. That is all I know. I think the CD is not available but I do remember the call, they asked me to use the image and I asked what would it cost me? Windham Hill paid me $900. For my first CD cover, I thought…cool. All based on fact… JW



9 Comments:

At 11:09 AM , Blogger SleekPelt said...

Great shot, Josh, and a cool feather in your cap. Do you have a framed print of that shot hanging in your office?

 
At 1:41 PM , Blogger josh williams said...

sleek: As s matter of fact I have one in my office and one at home, the CD has the same image in B & W so I framed them side by side in the same frame...It was slide film so I had a regular print made and it did not turn out very well, but their four color printing captured the image well, I scanned the cover hence the lack of clarity...Thanks

 
At 3:10 AM , Blogger ~d said...

(heey yo, JWW♥, just wanted to let you know I 'piggy-backed' you over at Erin's)

 
At 3:20 AM , Blogger ~d said...

AHHH!
How very cool, yo!
Abt the picture!!
Do they give you props on the CD cover?!
L@@K

 
At 4:27 AM , Blogger josh williams said...

~d:Better check out whats going on at Erins...You found it, then I noticed 1995 which means I am not that good with dates, the photo was taken mid to late 80s, about twenty years ago...Huh...Time and yes the give me photo credits using the first name know one but the the tax man and phone solicitors use Jonathan Williams Thanks JWW

 
At 3:46 AM , Blogger Mone said...

That is a COOL pic for sure, you should have gotten more than 900$ for it. Anyway, it must have been a cool feeling seeing your pic for a cd cover.

 
At 6:06 PM , Blogger josh williams said...

Mone: the cash was fine, I still own the image for what that is worth, it was nice to have the money and the photo published I am not complaining.

 
At 8:30 AM , Blogger The Fool said...

Kudos. A most excellent pic.

 
At 11:22 AM , Blogger josh williams said...

Fool: There you is I responded on a differant photo...Thanks and I have relinked you...JW

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home