Monday, August 27, 2007

Chuck Sun my Brother "Toilets" Twin




I am almost certain that one of these photos is of my brother, "Toilets". This could be a contest, pick out the correct picture and you can read the latest dispatch from Chuck Sun Moto Cross legend and doppleganger for my brother. The dispatch is from England where from what I can gather Mr Sun was denied permission to race in the vintage class because he was 50 years old. Vet class was up to age 50 and senior was 51 to ? I dunno and I am sure you do not care but here is the the beauty. We are all winners because I will post the dispatch, gratis! We are all winners, especially Chuck. Have fun and send gifts... Oh and if you can pick out my brother out of these photos you win a free gift of my choosing. NO KIDDING!


Hey Folks....Got offered a factory CAS Honda ride at donnington park GP in the UK this weekend to ride in the newly formed senior class! Jumped on a plane to Manchester, England after riding the best trails in the world being sawtooth mtns. in Idaho, only to be told i could not ride! f!!!!!!!!!!! check out the blogs at www.mototalk.com. Artist Rob Kinsey www.robkinsey.com talked me down from the ledge and we have been having a ball hangin with the locals! Saturday night Rob and I went out to the local pub for a couple Gunnies and plotted out our next move. Officials agreed that a first US team member winning DeNations and the last Nations winner stephan everets would be great for spectators on a victory lap during half time! It was sweet! A local dealer made a retro Honda jersey, just like senior David Thorpe wore to victory today that they insited I wore along with the new awsome MSR classic pants. BTW I competed against stephan's father Harry during the Nations race in '81 to add to the nastalga....To top it off broadcaster Kenny Kay invited me to join him in the booth to call the shots for the 2nd MX1 and MX2 motos...check it out at www.motozone.com.
I was invited to sit in on the broadcast from the final GP in Holland next week also, but thought I should get back to....oh thats right I don't have to be anywhere!....so Joel Smets invited me out to ride with the GP guys at the Lommel track in Belgium...(site of original US win 26 years ago!) I'm gonna hitch a ride with the CAS Honda guys to Lommel tommorow...they are the Honda factory reps that graciously offered the Honda ride...Thanks guys!
Newly crowned MX2 champ Anthony Cairoli won his first MX1 GP and has his sites set on RC! Good luck with that! but he really thinks he can take down the goat! coppins came back but his shoulder injury was to much to take as he pulled out of the 2nd moto handing, I think a 4 point lead to Belgium Steve Ramon...to be decided in Holland next weekend!
Oh BTW apparently Sky TV in Europe airs the Speed National as many people had mentioned they saw the huge washougal get off. If you hav'nt seen this rare 26 year vintage footage, old school bud www.bradzimmerman.com will have it on the www.chucksun.com web site by DeNations time.
I'll keep ya posted on anything out of the ordinary happening,
Chuck Sun

13 Comments:

At 4:56 PM , Blogger SleekPelt said...

The dude with the KTM!

 
At 3:54 AM , Blogger josh williams said...

Sleek: Dude your good! You win a prize, which is free Priority envelopes from the USPS...To collect your prize go to USPS.com go to supplies and pick out your envelopes, you still have to pay postage since I don't have much of a budget for prizes.

IF ANYONE ELSE CARES TO TAKE A GUESS PLEASE DO. I HAVE OTHER PRIZES OF MY CHIOCE!

 
At 5:02 AM , Blogger Mone said...

Wow, you got some exiting times ahead. I would take the absinthe, for sure :)
Have fun!

 
At 7:25 AM , Blogger josh williams said...

Mone: The absinthe is yours, just right click and save image.Note the face in the glass, this is not photo shop this is the Green Fairy.

 
At 9:21 PM , Blogger The Fool said...

Now this sounds like a fun adventure...awesome, Josh. Enjoy!

 
At 11:38 PM , Blogger SIMON said...

Wow Josh what more can I say another stunningly weird post...Nice one !

 
At 4:13 AM , Blogger josh williams said...

The Fool: I'm am curious to hear the full story.

ebezp: Yes, I still don't know quite what to make of it myself. I do know that people are having trouble picking out my brother from the four photos. I have all these prizes, going to waste.

 
At 6:38 AM , Blogger The Fool said...

I sure hope that dude didn't shoot the motorcycle. They're out of season.

 
At 10:43 AM , Blogger josh williams said...

Fool: He claims he found it by the side of the road, but if so why the gun?

 
At 7:40 AM , Blogger Happy Days said...

Hello There Chuck:

SUPRIZE FROM THE PAST!~

Wow your still at it hey? Happy to hear that you are still in the Motorcycle business! Sounds like your doing great! I thought you had two sons? Not sure how old would they be now? Got them racing Chuck?

I moved to Upper Michigan in 2000 got ourselves a 40 acre place and have filled it with horses,and other critters! Hunting is great here(you might figure I don't hunt)fishing on the Great lakes super too here. I traded the rain for lots of snow.

It is really beautiful here we just love it here.

My Adopted Daughter Sarah is 26 lives in Bremerton I also am blessed with a Grand Daughter Adrianna 6 they visited us here this summer. I was just in Sherwood to visit Brian and the rest of the family too. Wow has Sherwood Changed!!!!Even got lost and had to stop at the local Safeway and call Brian for directions~ I hadn't been home in 4 years. Sure was nice to see everyone!~

I work for an RV Dealer up here in the U.P. of Michigan as an Internet Sales Manager, we sell Marine, RV, ATV, and Snowmobile parts and accessories on line.
@ www.hilltoprv.net

It would be fun to hear back from you?

TAKE CARE
Patti Gillingham Britton

 
At 7:42 AM , Blogger Happy Days said...

Oh by the way Chuck~I am pretty sure that the man with the down bike and gun would be your brother Ron?

Patti

 
At 6:48 AM , Blogger LJ said...

Hey Chuck, here's another voice from your past. Haven't seen you since you were racing in Carlsbad and visited Martha and me. With the exception of 3 years in Belgium I'm still in So Cal. Made it in '05 to my 30 yr. Boy has it all changed up there.
It would be great to hear from you.
Lori Ebers Williams

 
At 6:50 AM , Blogger LJ said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home