Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Bail Out?


I understand that "we the people" chose gas guzzling vehicles over the fuel efficient vehicle. Our government if we choose to call them intelligent/honest and aware of the future...Major cooperation's generally have a plan within a century in advance...In defense (sarcasm) of our dominant parties is that both ignored and profited from the gas guzzlers.Our leaders knew ( if I did, they had to have some sort of clue) that OPEC had us by the chin hairs.
Bail out for the auto industry is all part of Oil and Industry that the tax payer is paying for, despite their apparent ignorance of the feelings of the US voting public. What I suspect is that they did not realize that the new generation (under 30) is not charmed by state of affairs. I am over 30 and mystified why our country allowed OPEC to control our government and environmental policy...Now don't get me wrong I do not trust the not for profit environmental groups, Club Sierra for example. We the people need to read,and make our own decisions. Why? Because our beloved environmental not for profits have become something akin to Club Sierra.
Bail out for the auto industry? Let them claim Chapter 11 with the government paying the people in the US they owe for parts and services. After this bail out, the big 3 will be forced to work and not fly to Washington on private jets begging for money.
This message was approved by my campaign for the private business bailout party.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:14 AM , Blogger Zen Wizard said...

I was thinking about this again today--you notice how, "We MUST do something before the new administration"?

Xmas is coming up.

These greedy bastards want to have their usual Xmas bonuses and lavish parties.

I don't know that for a fact but who is to say that is NOT the reason?

Have these executives sat their families down and said, "Look family meeting: Times are rough and we might have to have a 'crafts Xmas' this year where we just make stuff..."

If I were a gambling man I would bet $20 that conversation has not occurred.

The point is, most of the American taxpayers HAVE had an analogous conversation. Why should WE pay so these guys can waste money on Xmas trinkets and booze and stuff??

Also if I were a gambling man, I would bet after Xmas some spy from the Detroit Free Press catches one of these car exec's doing something ostentatious over Xmas--with OUR money.

 
At 9:10 AM , Blogger josh williams said...

zen: If you were a gambling man I'd wager you would have trouble finding someone who would take you up on your bet.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home