Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I Don't Give Two Shits For Quatrains


A government subsidized, low income apartment building I am constructing on the cheap. Yes I do care...JWW


Nostradamus as far as I am concerned is over rated and his predictions are open to all forms of interpretations, which opens up the imagination to whatever one want’s to see in one of his quatrains.
I am not a fan of quatrains, I think they are poppy cock or as we say in Mid America a "buncha shit".
When I was but a wee little boy of around eleven we were living in the country surrounded by farmland. On this land we had a small motorcycle track and hells 9 acres to mow. Our neighbors had about the same set up and some kids of there own.
Seeing as we were now country folk we were fiercely independent, we never and I mean never let the revenuer’s get the best of us, under any conditions.
One week I was given the responsibility to feed the neighbors two German Shepherds while they went on some sort of frivolous vacation. The problem was that I had to hike over to their house find the key that was hidden and let my self in the garage to find the food so the dogs could be fed. The dogs being German Shepherds where mean and vicious and would not let me near anything, so I went home and told me da about my plight and he laughed and explained they were very tame and just not to be afraid and I would be fine…So goes the long walk back to the Wilkens house and the dogs from hell. They never really drew blood but they did offer chase everytime I ran from them. A week of terror but I learned something from this, dogs will bite the hand that feeds them and sometimes being scared shitless is not that fun but sharpens the memory.

http://www.getodd.com/stuf/nostradamus.html

13 Comments:

At 1:33 AM , Blogger Mone said...

I would have been scared shittless twice. At first because of the dogs and second the reaction of my father coming bake and havent done the work I was supposed to do.

 
At 3:00 AM , Blogger Erin O'Brien said...

effing mutts.

 
At 5:21 AM , Blogger Toby said...

"...some sort of frivolous vacation."

When I was a wee lad of around six, rather than arguing, my mom gave me permission to go to the candy store all by myself. She damn well knew I'd only make it to the next block and turn around because of the huge all white German Shepard.

 
At 6:55 AM , Blogger josh williams said...

mone: I did the work, me dad just did not understand how blood thirsty those beasts were.

EO: Could not have said it better myself.

Toby: Unless its me having fun its frivolous! Parents can be so diabolical.

 
At 1:13 PM , Blogger Toby said...

My mom had her day. I'm too smart for her now. It only took about 30 years. I can finally walk to the candy store all alone. Don't tell her, it takes a little longer, but I walk around the block the opposite way avoiding that big old as hell dog.

 
At 4:49 PM , Blogger josh williams said...

Toby: Don't tell me you are walking around the globe to your candy store?

Le:Do you have cats, cause I have cat stories as well.

 
At 4:52 PM , Blogger josh williams said...

Toby: Always knew you were smart.

Le: Can you imagine the size of the litter box you would need if dogs were like cats? Consider the Bull Mastiff.

 
At 9:57 PM , Blogger ing said...

Awww, I love dogs! 'Course I used to get chased, daily, by this psycho dog named Sheba. I don't know what it was -- part Doberman, I think.

Nostradamus told me something about a new city and a garden, and that three brothers would be wounded and murdered. I can't make heads nor tails of this quatrain. I suppose I'll interpret it as I see fit, meaning, this is going to be an awesome week! Woo! Yay for me! I'm going to be rolling in dough, Josh! Keep your scheming mind away from my bankroll!

 
At 5:06 AM , Blogger josh williams said...

ing: Sheba sounds like a real bitch, seems I'm not alone in youthful torment by mans best friend.
I've been working on my book of quatrains for almost two days now, my idea is whoever connects each quatrain to an event the week of its release will win a really cool prize.
Then I will release a book every week with the smae contest and I'll have a team of trained quatrainests working for me churning them out every week.They will displace crosswords, connect the dots, knit one pearl two etc as hobbys I will become wealthy beyond Nostradamus's wildest quatrains! Oh what a great idea, if I only had finacial backing to make this sure fire idea to work...Dang where am I ever going to get the money?

 
At 3:57 PM , Blogger Toby said...

Quatrain, or is it Quatrains? I would guess the answer will come from if one is discussing multiples or singularities. Total annihilation or partial. Quarky.

 
At 5:50 PM , Blogger josh williams said...

Toby: I know, so can you help me with some funding for my project? Everyone else is in big time! JW

 
At 6:09 AM , Blogger Toby said...

I'll donate tonnes of moral support.

 
At 11:28 AM , Blogger josh williams said...

Toby: Thanks dude soon you will be shittin in tall cotton!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home