Sunday, August 28, 2005

Lord of the Rings Book Review


I dont understand why so many people found this review unhelpful. I fear Lord of the Rings fans are out to get me. Let them I'm ready, you can be darn sure of that, I didnt grow up on the means streets of the Beagly Dump road without picking up a few street fighting tricks.


The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
Edition: Hardcover
Price: $50.40
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours


18 used from $21.68

6 of 14 people found the following review helpful:

Need I say more, January 7, 2005
First read this when I was but a wee lad, great books a must read, why it reminds me of when I was a wee wee lad and my brother Charles Chadwick told me that he thought Smedley (a bona fide little person who live up the road from us) had some firecrackers and maybe we should pay him a visit and maybe get to light some off! Well we hopped on the tractor and drove down to his house,farm country if you must know.We saw him from a distance shooting hoops on his makeshift gravel court we drove up and he of course had a puzzled look on his face since we had never visited him before, we just rode the same school bus. Well as an ice breaker we played a game of horse, he won. Then he challenged us to a game, which hardly seemed fair since he was a little person like the Dwarf in "Lord of The Rings" , we took him up on it and were soundly trounced, he had an amazing hook shot. Well my brother Charles Chadwick decided to broach the subject of firecrackers and Smedley didn't know what he was talking about, we followed him around abit and he showed us a 5 gallon bucket of grease for the tractors, we had never seen such a quantity of grease in our lives, pretty cool. As we were looking at the grease my brother Charles Chadwick told Smedley that he had dropped a quarter in the grease and he could have it if he dug it out, without hesitation Smedley reached elbow deep into the grease and then my brother Charles Chadwick laughed and said he didn't really, we all laughed, some more than others and thats about all I remember about that visit. But I digress, Lord of the Rings all the way! I found the Silmarillion a little difficult but you cant go wrong with the trilogy.

2 Comments:

At 12:30 PM , Blogger Friends of McDougal said...

I think more people would have found the review useful if you'd replaced the phrase "little people" with "fucking midget" in some instances, and "half ass" in the others.

That's just me though.

 
At 1:15 PM , Blogger josh williams said...

Yea I know but the editors at Amazon tell me I have to be PC. Shit I think thats why I recieved so many unhelful votes, the readers could tell I was holding back.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home