Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Inspirational Book Review

I only posted this review because my good friend Susan told me that my book reviews were even better than my alphabet, well Susan my alphabet was a book review. I don't review books just for myself but the mass's and this reprinted review first published 2/12/05 was not met with much acclaim, however as time moved on it has gained a following. Now I am just guessing but I dusted off the old slide rule and abacus the other day and did some educated guessing and I came up with the figure that at least 1.2 people visit my site every 38 seconds of the day 24/7. Not bad when you consider I have not sold out (notice the advertising void) and only started my site just 60ish days ago, thank you all for your support and more later. J Williams



How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $5.97
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours


179 used from $2.95

11 of 24 people found the following review helpful:

Say that smart thing you said again., February 12, 2005
Dale Carnegie wrote this incredible book almost seventy years ago. What he said still rings true today.

The secret of success is to enlist the willing help of others. You can't do it alone.

Dale Carnegie knew that. And he shows you how to attract and motivate others, with short truisms such as:

"give honest and sincere appreciation"
"show respect for the other person's opinion"
"talk in terms of the other person's interest"
"when you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically"

Simple? Yes. Corny? perhaps.


This seems familiar as if it had already been written, oh well I guess plagiarism is the sincerest form of flattery, this is one heck of a good book and you should read it, then you might not be reading second rate book reviews, you would be out living large with the beautiful people.
You see Dale had a way with words, he could remember your name, which I insist at family gatherings my family wears name badges just to save the embarrassment of forgetting ones immediate relatives names, which reminds me of what I was thinking just the other day. Ok here goes all numbers have spellings, example 1 is spelled one, 2 is spelled two and so on but letters have no spelling which always leaves me feeling empty if I want to mention a certain letter to a friend in correspondence, for example:Dear Friend, I was thinking of the L the other day...Ok L? what does that mean? and should it not have a spelling, what has become of our beloved English language? How many letters can you spell? I thought so.Are we lazy English speakers? Why don't we all write someone and complain about needing a proper spelling for every letter of the alphabet other wise we are going to slowly slip into a degree of illiteracy that is just dang stupid. Perhaps one of you people who read this book at my urging come up with a diplomatic way to approach all people who use letters combined into words to come up with some sort of rational way to spell them, I am at a loss. Great book, read it but you will not find the proper spelling for one letter in it nor any book that I know of, get on the stick people before its to late!

Well, I was talking to my collaborator Roscoe and he has prodded me with his help to come up with a compressive guide to the proper spelling of the english alphabet.Stay tuned. Once we get over the hurdle of "A" we should be able to complete and have published within a certain amount of time.
Jonathan Williams
American
The correct spelling of our alphabet...First draft.
By Roscoe L and Jonathan W
Final edit by Jonathan W Roscoe L I am sure will have something to say about this...tough!
Ok I think I have "A" figured out its spelled "hay" except the "h" and "y" are silent.
"B" is "bee".
"C" is "seagh"
"D" is "Dee".
"E" is "see" but remember the "s" is silent.
"F" is "eaf" this may or may not make since I will leave that to the academics.
"G" is "ji". or goua (hard)
"H" is "ache". Confusing? But I am firm on this one.
"I" is "ahyee".
"J" is "jehyea".
"K" is "cay".
"L" is "el". As in diablo.
"M" is "em".
"N" is "en".
"O" is "oh". Easy enough.
"P" is "pee".
"Q" is "kyou". A little complicated but necessary, get out of the boat if you don't like letters.
"R" is "aar". Sounds like a pirate in a hurry.
"S" is "es". As in (Me alphabet "es" su alphabet).
"T" is "tee".
"U" is "you".
"V" is "vee".
"W" is "dubbahyou".
"X" is "eccs".
"Y" is "wyh".
"Z" is "zee".
I believe this is the first step in making the english language easier to understand, if we truly want to preserve our culture then we have to take steps to insure that history is written with letters from our alphabet and they need a spelling . Yes I understand we are going to need a lot more rules to the spelling of our letters so I am open to suggestions,I'm do not dot all my "ahyee's" I'm to busy thinking outside of the box, but please only constructive criticism we can not mire ourselves down with useless debates about progress and the hows and whys. Letters can no longer go on with out proper spellings, why half the world is laughing at us! Especially the illiterate!

2 Comments:

At 1:13 PM , Blogger josh williams said...

I re-did the stats and it worked out to 2.4 people every 76 seconds. I take great pains to bask in anonimity, I am not sure I have the strength to handle the recognition... the adulation if you will.
Thank you for your support. JW

 
At 12:24 PM , Blogger Old Bob's said...

Thats a large number of visitors, how many would that be in a year and a half?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home