Saturday, August 02, 2008

Once again Wikipedia is wrong



Well as the fool did tell me this is how it was and he was so right and wikipedia was so wrong.
Official 8/2/08 definition of a corporate republic defined by wikipedia. I am not one to place tin foil on my head to stop the voices, but this is what we are living in and to tell you the truth unless we we wake up, well we can ignore this "hypothesis" and so it goes...On the other hand, being a good machine has its rewards, which I have not discovered but what the hell if I marry right I may become one of the few.
I will try to ad a humorous photo to this post to not make it so gloomy, I am an optimist but I also live in present and to tell you the truth we have been a corporate republic for years and years and...Well maybe I will go to the market an buy some foil with cash and make myself a nice safe reality cap.

A corporate republic is a theoretical form of government occasionally hypothesized in works of science fiction, though some historical nations such as medieval Florence might be said to have been governed as corporate republics. While retaining some semblance of republican government, a corporate republic would be run primarily like a business, involving a board of directors and executives. Utilities, including hospitals, schools, the army, and the police force, would be privatized. The social welfare function carried out by the state is instead carried out by corporations in the form of benefits to employees. Although corporate republics do not exist officially in the modern world, they are often used in works of fiction or political commentary as a warning of the perceived dangers of unbridled capitalism. In such works, they usually arise when a single, vastly powerful corporation deposes a weak government, over time or in a coup d'état.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home