Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Endurocross Las Vegas Aquaman

I visited the big top of the US..... Las Vegas. I came back .25 cents in the black! I know my video poker.
Endurocross
is a indoor version of enduro. (see wikipedia) It is a very spectator friendly race at the expense of the racers dignity. When one rides an enduro if he folks up he has time to event an excuse. In the arena you are shown as if you walked naked down a runway during a February cold spell in Greenland. Shrinkage. My brother talked me into riding , after I boasted to him I would kick his ass if I only had a bike, he loaned me his.(after I signed up he laughed and called me a fool) Note to self, as Hemingway said always follow through with what you promised when on the drink...I did, I payed the price and had a great time.
My practice lap I ended up in the wrong gear and fell into the water crossing soaking myself completely, the bike did not die so I lifted it out of the water and fished around, found my goggles and the crowd cheered! My fifteen minutes of fame thus far is of me wallowing around in a pool of water in front of a large crowd of people. I have to live with this and I have no problem, I will ride this event again. I would stop this nonsense but for the love of beer, why? I had a grand time! Kind Regards JW




7 Comments:

At 9:32 AM , Blogger Mom! Toilets blogged! said...

It was a better show than words can explain. Josh falling in the water was priceless.
Oh the racing was pretty good too.
When Josh said he would come back and try again, well that made me very proud. He's not riding my bike again, I can't afford to be that proud.
Go to www.endurocross.com to see the events planned for next year, if you like racing of any sort, you will enjoy this.
You can read more at www.trailrider.com too.
Mom

 
At 10:13 AM , Blogger josh williams said...

Toilets:I did not abuse your bike, in fact I threw myself under the bike when I fell to cushion its blow. Now how is that for respect for other peoples property. Note the two guys side by side in the boulders, they were duking it out for #1 on the podium.The little Pole one the large Isle of Manner came and #2...

 
At 1:34 PM , Blogger SleekPelt said...

Glad you guys had fun! I'll be in Vegas for New Year's Eve; too bad you guys won't be putting on a show then too!

 
At 2:40 PM , Blogger josh williams said...

Mr Pelt: There has been a void in Vegas since the Siegfried and Roy incident.Perhaps brothers Williams have found their true calling.Don't be surprised, we will of course comp you tickets, why Charlie has enough flamboyance to cover both S & G myself I suppose I am the Tigers.

Zen: I hear ya, go git yerself some onion pie.

 
At 4:47 PM , Blogger Toby said...

I know you're a two wheeler, but this is pretty damn cool!

http://www.cameltap.com/?p=884

 
At 11:16 AM , Blogger Lee Ann said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING JOSH!
~XO
LEE ANN

 
At 2:37 PM , Blogger Simon said...

Good work, Josh! You showed great spirit to forge ahead after the soaking.

Please explain the unreferenced picture of a hound accompanying this post.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home