Monday, October 03, 2005

My Lake House


My lake house is a small Clipper Marine Sailboat. Its mostly work, you work on the small motor for when you are stuck in the doldrums, you work on keeping the damn thing clean so if you have a guest they don't vomit at the bilge odor, owning any kind of boat is a ton of work even if it just sits in the slip. It is easier for me to sail my boat by myself than to take out friends because I am always running around on the boat pulling lines asking guests to get off lines, duck, change sides of the boat how to work the head etc. All this and I still love the thing, I have a bean bag chair and most of the time I just go sit on the chair on the boat and watch the sunset, if some of my cronies are about I will sip some beer and chat and if I have to many sips I will sleep among the heap of life vests and other soft things I can find. I love my boat the "Western Flyer" and by god I am not much of a sailor but I sure do like to chill on the water. If you look real close the "Western Flyer is the fourth boat on the right from the end. JW

2 Comments:

At 4:44 AM , Blogger Willy Jo said...

er ah well hmm, sheesh

 
At 6:54 PM , Blogger josh williams said...

My sailing skills (lack of) alone could terrorize 14 seas!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home